Tuesday, September 29, 2009

THC and Resin


My 1985 Mountain Bike in the process of becoming my 2009 town bike.

Weinmann brake levers.

Cork grips after applying shellac (courtesy THC), a resin secreted by the female lac bug to form a cocoon, on trees in the forests of India and Thailand.

As you can clearly see the Lac Bug is not really a bug but a beetle.


Moments after replacing the twenty year old cable and housing with two year old cable and housing, this happened.

This is what my SR North Road bars, courtesy my pal Stephanie, looked like with the new grips.

Still need:
Skinny tires
Fenders
Basket for Diego
Rear panniers
Yellow touch up paint

Note: we may attract a new audience with the letters THC and the word resin in the same post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

untitled. titled resin and thc will help. looks like a sweet ride.

Luke Hero said...

I am amazed how short the headtubes are on mountain bikes!